Today we are going to talk about USB sockets! How does the USB jack work? How to install a USB socket? Can I make a homemade USB socket? Find out all these answers and see the important tips to get to know this interesting device better, being able to decide whether or not it pays to use a USB socket, come on guys!
USB socket: What is the importance?
Over the years and technological advances, the number of electrical and electronic devices that we use has increased a lot! Despite several studies to optimize the use and increase the battery life of this equipment, there is still an almost daily need for recharging. Therefore, people need to recharge points always at their fingertips.
With this demand in mind, outlet manufacturers have adapted and launched models that come with a USB port ready for recharging. But as this technology is very recent and several electrical installations have been made for many years, there are few places that already have this type of outlet. In this case, the solution is to put the USB cable in that plug adapter, but what about when the person does not currently have this adapter? And when the cable is not compatible?
That is exactly why the updating of electrical installation equipment is so important, in order to keep up with the advancement of technology and offer practicality to its users. See why it is interesting to change the sockets in your property to new ones with USB input.
USB socket: What are the advantages?
- MONEY SAVING – Using the USB input of the sockets to recharge your device is more advantageous than using the adapter for conventional sockets, that is, it generates savings by reducing costs.
- EFFICIENT RECHARGE – Another great benefit is regarding the efficiency of these devices. When you recharge your devices on these devices, you get a much faster and safer recharge.
- BETTER SERVICE – While most chargers can only service one device at a time, USB sockets are almost always sold with at least two inputs.
- BIGGER CHAIN – Another big difference is in the chain! While most chargers operate at a working current of approximately 1000mA, USB sockets operate at a working current of approximately 1500mA.
- USB BIVOLT – You may not know it yet, but the USB module is volt. Therefore, you can install this type of device in any outlet in your property.
- COMFORT – Let’s face it, the fewer accessories we need to carry during the day, the better our comfort is, right? Therefore, we only need the USB cable which is very light and very portable! We can dispense with the use of computers and chargers that were previously used only for this purpose.
USB socket: How to install?
For those who already know how to install the conventional socket, installing the USB socket will not be a problem! In most cases, manufacturers were concerned with maintaining the standard that is already widely used in the national market. In the following, we will show you step by step so that you can replace a common outlet with a USB outlet correctly and safely.
- As shown in NBR 5410, the first step when working with electrical installations is to turn off the main switch, in order to minimize the chances of electrical accidents in this installation.
- After turning off the key, you must unscrew and remove the mirror, bracket and conductor wires from the old socket.
- The next step is to plug the USB socket into the included bracket.
- If necessary, you must cut the conductors’ tip to perform a new stripping. It is recommended that there is 6mm of the bare wire to connect to the outlet.
- Connect the cables and tighten them correctly.
- Then just screw the support and the mirror that came in the set and turn the main switch on again to test the socket.
IMPORTANT: It is essential to follow all the manufacturer’s instructions to define the cable entry. Being that they are phase and neutral at the back of the device when the installation is single-phase. And when there are two phases, that is, a two-phase installation, there are no differences in the terminal. To avoid any headache, before finalizing the purchase, check if the equipment is really bivolt.
Homemade USB socket: How to do?
It is totally contraindicated to make home adaptations in electrical installations, in addition to being out of the norm, they can jeopardize the operation of this installation, possibly damaging this equipment or in worse cases, causing serious electrical accidents and even fire.
Currently, on the market, there is already a huge variety of USB sockets, that is, research well and you will certainly find an option that fits your budget. In addition to practicality for users, the residence that has this type of socket in its installation has a considerable appreciation.